Home Forums Litterae Forum The Odyssey The Odyssey vs. The Iliad

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Socrates
    Keymaster

The Odyssey and The Iliad are often compared and contrasted. Can you give any examples of themes that can be found in Iliad but not Odyssey?

han78hubt
    Participant

I would love to read your article. With lots of interesting information, it left me with a deep impression, hope that you will have more good posts.
    vin lookup

neforsyte
    Participant

The Iliad is an ancient Greek epic poem in dactylic hexameter, traditionally attributed to Homer. Set during the Trojan War, the ten-year siege of the city of Troy (Ilium) by a coalition of Greek states, it tells of the battles and events during the weeks of a quarrel between King Agamemnon and the warrior Achilles.

Although the story covers only a few weeks in the final year of the war, the Iliad mentions or alludes to many of the Greek legends about the siege; the earlier events, such as the gathering of warriors for the siege, the cause of the war, and related concerns tend to appear near the beginning. Then the epic narrative takes up events prophesied for the future, such as Achilles’ imminent death and the fall of Troy, although the narrative ends before these events take place. However, as these events are prefigured and alluded to more and more vividly, when it reaches an end the poem has told a more or less complete tale of the Trojan War.

The Iliad is paired with something of a sequel, the Odyssey, also attributed to Homer. Along with the Odyssey, the Iliad is among the oldest extant works of Western literature, and its written version is usually dated to around the 8th century BC.[2] In the modern vulgate, the Iliad contains 15,693 lines; it is written in Homeric Greek, a literary amalgam of Ionic Greek and other dialects.

That’s what Wikipedia gives me as an answer.

Was it what you’ve been looking for?

mrbadguy69
    Participant

I guess not. Because his professor apparently wanted something unique, which Wikipedia article is definitely not. He will fail his writing with such an approach as he doesn’t seem to be an A++ student. Here with help from speedy paper discount you had better read about how to get help if you have difficulties with studies.

Mike12345
    Participant

wow, thanks for the post, I’ll think about your question!

hiyotoj511
    Participant

If you’re looking for essay writing assistance, look for writers who have experience writing about your topic. Do some research to find writers with expertise in your field order original essay. Some writers specialize in writing about a specific niche such as information security. Other writers specialize in writing about a wide variety of topics. Determine what kind of experience you require in order to determine which writers to hire.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.