Home Forums Litterae Forum Agamemnon Who REALLY killed Agamemnon?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Socrates
    Keymaster

Clytemnestra was responsible for her husbands death. However, as we now know, Agamemnon’s death was just a symptom of a family curse. Does the fact that Agamemnon’s death is the result of a curse make Clytemnestra any less responsible for the murder of her husband?

XXX
    Participant

I believe that Agamemnon’s death was equally

• a symptom of the family curse
    • a consequence of the king’s actions (prior & after the War)
    • Clytaemnestra’s decision (with Aegisthus’ kind encouragement & assistance)

Certain scholars also mention political transitions (e.g., from the custom of blood feud to public courts of law, and/or from a matrilineal to a patrilineal society) as central themes in the Aeschylus’ play.

sukaminl546
    Participant

Thank you for your post. I have read through some similar topics! However, your article gave me a very special impression, unlike other articles. I hope you continue to have valuable posts like this or more to share with everyone! atari breakout

Best assignment writing service to hire is essaysnassignments.co.uk Their online writing services provide wide range of benefits with 24/7 online chat support.

Despite of the fact that he was a kind of tyrant, he was very strong from different aspects.

neforsyte
    Participant

I envy you guys, you know so much. And I have to work a lot because I have to raise kids. And that has always been this way. I had to help mom when I was at school. So thankfully now you can read about phd writing services to see what you need to do to write a good paper. Because I didn’t have that and now I don’t even know who you are talking about.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.