Home Forums Litterae Forum Oedipus Rex What was the riddle that Oedipus solved to become king?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

LaunaDavila
    Participant

I read it somewhere – but can’t find it.

Henry Peterson
    Participant

What has four legs in the morning, two at midday, and three in the evening.

The answer was man- who crawls as a child, walks upright as an adult, and hobbles on a cane once elderly.

Macy M
    Participant

I love mythology and literature. This is my favorite subject in college, but unfortunately, I do not always know the answers to all questions, and in this case I resort to the help of https://studyhippo.com/essays-on/home/ of this educational platform.

odobasicadel
    Participant

play game with me!
    drift boss Game is a casual game where you will have the objective of driving through an endless road full of bends. Although, yes, anticipate changes in the direction of the road to react promptly and avoid falling into the void.

sanonimus26
    Participant

Was it not because Sophocles managed to live a long and happy life, because he was able to combine two Apollonian and Dionysian sources (he wrote tragedies as a present to Dionysus, and built an altar to Asclepius (Apollo’s hero) at home)? And then what prevented Freud from finding this harmony? And how can a person unite these two opposing and warring beginnings? And can two completely different archetypes, Hermes and Dionysus (a trickster and a madman), coexist in the psyche?

eddienel1098
    Participant

Join Google Feud to play a fun quiz game in which players are tasked with completing a given sentence with what they believe to be its most popular ending.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.