Home Forums Litterae Forum 4″x6″ USB Thermal Label Printer P941

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jonsmaradona
    Participant

A thermal label printer is a type of printer that uses heat to produce printed labels. Instead of using ink or toner like traditional printers, thermal label printers apply heat to special thermal paper or labels, which activates a chemical reaction and produces the desired printout.

There are two main types of thermal printing technologies used in thermal label printers: direct thermal and thermal transfer.

Direct Thermal Printing: In direct thermal printing, the printer applies heat directly to the thermal paper, which contains a heat-sensitive coating. The heat causes the coating to darken and create the printed image or text. Direct thermal printing is commonly used for applications such as shipping labels, receipts, tickets, and barcode labels. However, direct thermal prints may fade over time when exposed to heat, light, or certain chemicals.

Thermal Transfer Printing: Thermal transfer printing involves using a thermal ribbon or transfer film, which is coated with ink or resin, along with the thermal paper or label. The printer applies heat to the ribbon, causing the ink or resin to transfer onto the label, creating the printed image or text. Thermal transfer printing offers more durable and long-lasting prints compared to direct thermal printing. It is often used for applications that require high-quality and durable labels, such as product labeling, asset tagging, and labeling in industries like manufacturing, healthcare, and logistics.

Thermal label printers are widely used in various industries for printing labels with barcodes, text, graphics, and other information. They are known for their speed, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness in producing large volumes of labels. They are commonly found in warehouses, retail stores, shipping and logistics companies, healthcare facilities, and other settings where labeling and tracking are essential.

okchacha
    Participant

It would be cool to find a reliable online printing service where you could create your product in the right size, choose paper and all that. Maybe you could recommend something to me?

costalacosta
    Participant

Have you ever heard of the online printing service Printsafari? When I need something for my business, for example, catalogs with products and services to present them to partners or clients, I always use this service. In my opinion, quickly placing an order on the website and receiving it with delivery a short time later is more than convenient in the our rhythm of life.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.