Home Forums Litterae Forum Is it true that cockroaches are especially resilient to radiation?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rob.rain923
    Participant

Is it true that cockroaches are especially resilient to radiation? Why?

richardsonmary938
    Participant

Very effective. We moved into a house and discovered the worst case I’d ever seen. I spread it on every source in the kitchen. Countertops stove fridge top and floors. Same in bathrooms. Then went away for the weekend. Came home to literally THOUSANDS of dead roaches. Vacuumed them up with my husbands utility vacuum, sanitized everything, then placed a dot in every corner of every cabinet, sprinkled it behind fridge and stove. Then unpacked. Never saw another roach again. Oh, I also kept a fine line at each door sill, outside.

richardsonmary938
    Participant

Very effective. We moved into a house and discovered the worst case I’d ever seen. I spread it on every source in the kitchen. Countertops stove fridge top and floors. Same in bathrooms. Then went away for the weekend. Came home to literally THOUSANDS of dead roaches. Vacuumed them up with my husbands utility vacuum, sanitized everything, then placed a dot in every corner of every cabinet, sprinkled it behind fridge and stove. Then unpacked. Never saw another roach again. Oh, I also kept a fine line at each door sill, outside.

richardsonmary938
    Participant

The reason that cockroaches are resistant to radiation has to do with when their cells divide. Cells are particularly sensitive to radiation when their DNA is replicating.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.