Home Forums Litterae Forum Looking for some advice/tips on buying jewelry…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

aueaboba
    Participant

I’m buying my girlfriend a pair of earrings this Christmas. I’m a very frugal fellow and a smart spender in general, but when it comes to jewelry, I’m clueless. She wants yellow gold earrings that are sort of small hoops (circular shape). She’s not too picky and she’d genuinely be happy with anything, but for that very reason, I want to spoil her. I know it’s not smart to go after the brand names (e.g. Tiffany’s) because they’re marking things up 80%+ by default. So I went to a local, independent store and looked around. The pair I liked were priced at $600 (it had diamonds in ’em). The saleswoman, in a whispering tone, asked me if I had the 50% off coupon from the paper. I didn’t even know about it. So she basically told me to get my hands on one and come back. The thing I found a little strange is that they have a coupon for 50% off anything in the store. You’d think it would be great news, but I intuition flagged it as shady. I know stores do this; they offer some significant discount, but they just raise the price on the sticker.

fr33ddawgg
    Participant

I have some advice on how to buy jewelry the right way. First of all, you should check the reputation of the jewelry store where you are going to buy jewelry. I can recommend a trusted store https://www.itshot.com/jewelry/chains-necklaces/gold-rope-chains
    I often buy jewelry in it and for all the time there were no problems.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.