Home Forums Litterae Forum The Iliad What to tile the house with

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Garry Gemlis
    Participant

What materials do you prefer to use for exterior wall cladding? I would like to renovate my house. The house is quite old, that’s why I don’t like the exterior walls very much. They look terrible from the outside. On this that you can advise us?

ksccls
    Participant

Much depends on the budget, if the budget is small, then you have to beat it and look for cheap materials. But the quality of such materials will be you know not the best. We bought fibre cement panels https://fibrecementstore.co.uk/ on a tight budget. £10 a square metre. Some may think that’s expensive. But the materials are much better quality than the same metal-plastic panels for siding. We bought these fiber cement cladding, they have a lot of colors and textures. The materials are much better because they can withstand different climatic conditions.

Garry Gemlis
    Participant

Thank you, they have the cheapest price at 10.4 euros, quite normal. We found 12 pounds per square meter. And the color is right, you could find a little cheaper, but we already liked the option you provided.

costalacosta
    Participant

Yes, the website has very nice panels that you can use to wrap your house with, I liked it too. I’m just renovating my house now too, we’ve moved to a new house. And it’s very complicated!

floormilky
    Participant

Panelling is probably the cheapest way to clad a house. I did the same thing when we were cladding the whole house. Speaking of renovating a house, I understand how hard it must be for you now, but the result is definitely worth it. And by the way, I advise you to think about a security system if you are planning to do it. Because we were too late, but we did install some Ajax sensors. You can order a whole security system if you think you need it. Either way, it’s better to do it all in one go.

Christopher0009
    Participant

I am also interested in this topic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.