About: Alex Barrientos
Alex has a BA in both philosophy and history, and is currently working towards a PhD in philosophy at the University of Utah. Though he mainly focuses on the Early Modern period of philosophy (16th-18th century), he is fascinated by the wisdom of the classics. His favorite question of all is, "What does it mean to live a good life?" It is one that he thinks the philosophers and poets of the classical world provided the most interesting and timeless answers to. But, when he's not contemplating the depths of the human condition, he enjoys playing video games, watching Netflix, and raiding used book stores.
Recent Posts by Alex Barrientos
Written on February 9, 2021 at 5:03 pm
Written on January 13, 2021 at 8:25 am
Written on January 6, 2021 at 9:37 am
Written on September 11, 2020 at 6:06 am
Written on September 9, 2020 at 6:27 am
Recent Comments by Alex Barrientos
- August 31, 2020 on The Banishment of Julia Augusti (PART 5)
- August 27, 2020 on 7 Most Iconic Greek Temples
- August 14, 2020 on What if Carthage had won the Punic Wars?
- April 27, 2020 on How to Eat Like a Stoic: The Ancient Diets of Cynicism and Stoicism
- April 1, 2020 on The Plague of Athens